State Bureau of Identification maintains the state’s central repository of Criminal History Record Information (CHRI). The primary task of the repository is to collect, file, and preserve arrests records reported to SBI by law enforcement agency. The Maine State Police, State Bureau of Identification is the State agency responsible for the upholding and distribution of Maine criminal arrest record information. The central repository is also responsible to provide the criminal arrest records to both the criminal justice and public entities.
As the central repository for CHRI of the state of Maine, SBI gathers and links fingerprint-supported arrest information from law enforcement agencies, imprisonment information from prison systems, and disposition information from the state courts to make a complete record of an individual through the justice process. SBI also governs and maintains the Sex Offender Registry (SOR) for the State of Maine. It is also the obligation of SBI to submit all this information to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to complete the national criminal history database and sex offender registry.
The information on the federal criminal records, public criminal records, police records, jail as well as prison records, imprisonment records, arrest records and inmate records are maintained by these databases. Maine arrest records to be searched are based on full name and date of birth of a felon. These name searches will be accurate if associated with criminal’s fingerprints evaluation, made by a law enforcement agency at the time of arrest and kept in criminals’ arrest record.
Access to Maine State Criminal Arrest Records
- The state repository provides the information if an individual has an arrest record in the state of Maine.
- The relevant county criminal court records and civil court records also tell if someone has a criminal background.
- The Maine State Repository limits access to Felony and Misdemeanor convictions arrest record only
- Signed release is not must
- All the 16 counties of the state of Maine allow the general public for criminal record searches by phone or mail.
- Fee is $22 per individual searched statewide and it costs $20 for a county criminal arrest record.
- In approximately 3-5 business days the results are mailed back to the asker or faxed if requested.
Obtaining the Arrest Record Information
Maine criminal arrest records are accessible to the public through various databases which are designed to keep arrest records databases throughout the state. These databases are upheld by law enforcement agencies.
To obtain information on Maryland criminal arrest records, any of the following method can be followed
- The request must be submitted in written form with the reason for making the request.
- Date of birth, first and the last names with pseudonym (if any) or maiden names and a return address must be included in the application.
- Send the request to:
- To get a certified copy of a criminal history arrest records any one can make a contact at:
Maine State Police,
State Bureau of Identification,
42 State House Station, Augusta,
Maine State Criminal Records
Maine Bureau of Identification
State House Station #42
Augusta, ME 04333
P: (207) 624-7240
F: (207) 287-3421
Many online resources are available for providing details on Maine Arrest Records. These online databases of arrest records provide the information for legal purposes only. For these arrest records are available at particular amount of fee.