Mississippi State Police and the court system are considered to be responsible for maintaining the Mississippi arrest records. State arrest records enclose information submitted to the State of Mississippi from all of its 82 counties and other criminal justice agencies and are updated per month.
Access to these records is based on the agency, which holds them as well as on the person or agency requesting for these records. Name based searches for criminals’ arrest records in the state are not trustworthy because it may happens that two individuals within the state may have the same full name. For 100% reliable arrest records, fingerprints identification and authentication is necessary.
Access to Missouri State Arrest Records
- To find the arrest records of a person in the state of Mississippi, check out the repository of the state and relevant county criminal court records.
- Mississippi is a closed state means direct access to the State Repository is not allowed. So arrest records can only be ordered at county level.
- Signed release is not obligatory.
- 79 of 82 counties of the state accounted that felony arrest records are available by mail, phone, or fax.
- It costs $20 for each individual being searched
- Within approximately 3-5 business days, required results are e-mailed to the supplicant or faxed on request.
- Provide the following information for each individual being searched;
- Full Name (if applicable)
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Fictitious name (if any)
Obtaining the Arrest Record Information
- To lookup Mississippi arrest record information, contact the following office:
- Mississippi arrest records retrieval requires fingerprints for all criminal background checks. An individual can order fingerprint cards from the state and can pick it up from local police station. When a person gets his or her fingerprints, he/she can scan the prints and submit it to Mississippi Criminal Information Center.
- Requests for Mississippi criminal arrest records via Mississippi Criminal Information Center can be mailed to the following address:
Mississippi State Criminal Records
Mississippi Depart of Public Safety
PO BOX 958
Jackson, MS 39205
P: (601) 933-2600
F: (601) 933-2660
Mississippi Criminal Information Center,
Records Division, P.O. Box 958,
Jackson, MS 39205, 601-933-2600.
The arrest records of the State of Mississippi are available online through different websites. The online databases must verify that the information should be obtained only for legally acceptable purposes. These online databases and services are provided to the public for their own convenience and safety. It is against the law to use the obtained information for making people harassed. People requesting to get information for erroneous reasons or use data obtained from online databases in violation of the law may be subjected to civil & criminal penalties. The online databases hold information about millions of people. As a result it offers the experience and expertise that is essential when going through millions of arrest records in order to find the appropriate ones.