Montana arrest records are available to local, state and federal law enforcement agencies and the general public of the Montana State. The state’s arrest records include the information provided to the state of Montana from its each and every county and criminal justice agencies of the state. The criminal arrest records are updated daily as a routine work.
Law enforcement organizations receive all criminal history information including arrest records that are available in the state of Montana as long as the information is requested for criminal justice purposes. The general public of the state may receive arrest records. But the information is limited by Montana state laws. Criminal arrest records that have been overdue and later discharge are being released to the public. Reliable information may be available from local law enforcement and other agencies of the State. Arrest records including driving-related information, relates to the felony arrests.
Access to Montana State Arrest Records
- To find out whether an individual has a criminal record and in turn arrest record in the state of Montana, check the state repository, the relevant county records and civil court records.
- All fifty-six counties of Montana and the state repository accounts that felony arrest records are available by phone, mail, or fax.
- Only three of the all counties of the state require a signed release from the subject of the search.
- Cost is $18 per person searched statewide and $20 for county records.
- The required results are either e-mailed or faxed back to the requester in 3-4 business days
- Provide the following information of an individual who is being searched for
- Full Name (if applicable)
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Alias (if any)
Obtaining the Arrest Record Information
To get detailed information about Montana Arrest Record, requests based on fingerprint cards must be submitted via mail to the following address:
Montana Criminal Records,
303 North Roberts,
P.O. Box 201403,
Helena, MT 59620-1403.
Phone: (406) 444-3625.
- Specify whether the request is for a name-based or fingerprint based review. For a fingerprint based check, the applicant must include the individuals fingerprint card whose record is being inquired for. To get fingerprints, the required blank cards can be obtained from local law enforcement offices of the state or from Montana Criminal Records.
The criminal arrest records of the State of Montana are available online and they may or may not be free of cost. The online databases certify that the information can be obtained only for legal purposes. It unlawful to get arrest records information for making people stalked or harassed. People requesting information under wrong intentions or use the obtained details from this online database for law breaking purposes, may be subjected to civil & criminal penalties.